Sometimes, all that we want is just to sit and relax, with a glass of good and quality wine, and it is an undeniable fact that it can have a good effect on our health. Let’s talk about some health benefits that come along with a glass of good wine. So if you are a red wine lover, you may lower the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, because of the many antioxidants that prevent cellular damage caused by inflammation and stress. Some are saying that drinking wine is food for your brain, because of the chemicals that prevent the brain’s neurons from dying off. In any case, there are numerous proven benefits of red wine, and here are some of the benefits that you probably didn’t know.
TOP 10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF RED WINE
- It’s decreasing cardiometabolic risk in people with type 2-diabetes, although anyone with diabetes should consult with their doctor before consuming alcohol
- It’s preventing vision loss, caused by out of control blood vessel growth in the eye
- It’s preventing breast cancer, thanks to chemicals in the seeds and skins of red grapes.
- It’s improving lung function and also preventing lung cancer
- It’s preventing depression and anxiety thanks to polyphenol and resveratrol.
- It boosts the immune system and increases bone density, thanks to resveratrol, that increases spinal bone density in men with metabolic syndrome and could hold promise as a treatment for osteoporosis
- It’s raising levels of omega 3 acids in plasma and red blood cells, which may help lower the risk of heart disease, depression, dementia, and arthritis.
- It’s preventing colon and prostate cancer – thanks to flavonoids and resveratrol that contain potent antioxidants and may counterbalance androgens, the male hormones that stimulate the prostate.
- It’s protecting your teeth from bacterias – red wine and grape seed extracts may lower the ability of bad bacteria to stick to teeth and may cause plaque, cavities, and gum disease.
- Consuming wine helps us age better, as it prevents aging of the skin, because of antioxidants like flavonoid and tannin that helps to age by restoring collagen and fibers.